Editing in Third Party Applications
Here is a simple workflow for editing your 360fly videos or photos in a 3rd party editing software. This will allow you to add transitions, enhance colors and add text to your 360° videos. In order to edit your 360fly video or photo in another application and convert them back into 360 degrees, follow these steps:
- Convert your file in the Director app.
- Import your converted file into your 3rd party editor
- Edit your video
- Export your edited video
- Re-inject the 360° metadata.
- Upload to social media.
Step 1 - Convert your file
Convert your raw file to the equirectangular video format in the Director app.
I. Click on the "Convert" icon in the lower left corner of the thumbnail issue.
II. Choose the conversion resolution.
- From here, it would be ready to go to YouTube if you would like to simply share it.
- Use 2560 x 1280 resolution for the HD or if you’re recording at 1728 x 1728 with the 4K
- Use 3840 x 1920 resolution for the 4K if recording at 2880 x 2880 with the 4K
III. Choose the location to "Save" the video.
IV. The conversion process will take a few minutes to complete depending on the size of the video. Once completed you are ready to import.
Step 2 - Import your converted file into your 3rd party editor
Import your video/photo into your desired editing applications in the custom resolution you exported the video at and change the frame rate to match (ex. 30FPS).
- When making changes in 3rd party editors such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, or Movavi, the metadata that makes a video or photo 360 degrees will be removed.
- In order to make the video/photo 360 degrees again, you will have to put the metadata back in (step 5).
I. Create new project and add the custom video parameters. (Image below is for example only with Final Cut Pro and will vary by application)
II. Drag and drop you video clips into the window.
Step 3 - Edit your video
Make your edits adding text, transitions, audio, etc.
Step 4 - Export your edited video
Export your video/photo in the same custom format that you used in step 1.
Step 5 - Re-inject the 360° metadata
The metadata during the edit process will get removed. Re-inject the metadata back into your video/photo with a metadata injector that can be found on YouTube or here:
I. Open the Spatial Media Metadata Injector
II. Click open and select your exported video.
III. Click "Inject Metadata" to insert the metadata.
IV. Choose a location and name to save. (It will pre-name the file with _injected on the end.)
Step 5 - Upload to social media
That's it! Upload your Injected file to your favorite 360° social media site.
Lisäkysymyksiä? Lähetä pyyntö